Drug and alcohol screening encourages a healthier, safer and more productive workplace.
The Alcohol and Drug Foundation estimates that the impact of alcohol and drugs on workplace productivity costs Australian businesses $6 billion each year. A reliable, relevant drug and alcohol test program bolstered by a robust alcohol and other drug (AOD) policy can support a more positive, productive company culture.
Humanomics carries out drug screening and alcohol breath screening in accordance with employer or referrer requirements. Through our close working alliances, we can provide convenient, cost-effective and accurate drug and alcohol testing across New South Wales.
We conduct assessments in accordance with Australian Standard AS 4308 and AS 4760 for the following drugs:
- THC (Marijuana or Cannabis)
- Amphetamines (Speed)
- Methamphetamines (Ecstasy and Ice)
- Benzodiazepines (sleeping tablets)
- Opiates (pain relief medication such as Codeine and Heroin)
Types of drug and alcohol testing
Humanomics is here to help companies select, implement and manage testing programs that suit organisational goals, site facilities and industry requirements.
Saliva drug test
We perform oral fluid-based immunoassay tests in line with AS 4760:2006 requirements. Our highly-qualified collectors can visually interpret the results of this discrete test within minutes.
Urine drug test
Drug metabolites can remain detectable in urine for weeks after ingestion. Humanomics conducts urine drug tests in compliance with AS 4308:2008 requirements, ensuring testee privacy, specimen integrity and accurate analysis.
Alcohol breath test
Our team uses hand-held Type-2 electronic devices to carry out breath alcohol screening in accordance with AS 3457:1997 testing requirements. In the event of a positive test, we will perform a second screening 20 minutes later to confirm a legally-defensible result.
Flexible testing with quick turnaround times
We can conduct drug and alcohol tests at any of our clinics or onsite, thanks to our Mobile Van Facility. This allows companies across New South Wales to enjoy the convenience of workers not having to leave the site for screening, as well as the speed and efficiency of immediate reporting.
Wherever your testing takes place, our experienced collectors will utilise quality-assured test devices and standardised procedures.
Accurate and reliable results
Humanomics has established a strong relationship with a pathology organisation who share our values, placing accuracy, confidentiality and professionalism first and foremost.
Together, we provide timely, cost-effective testing, delivering findings as soon as final results are confirmed. Any non-negative or positive result may involve:
- Contacting the employer and/or
- Referral to a NATA-accredited laboratory for chain of custody, forwarding the findings to employers
For more information on our drug and alcohol screening services, please get in touch with Humanomics today.
Frequently asked questions
When can an employer test for drugs and alcohol?
- Pre-placement – testing an employee before they start work at your organisation
- Blanket testing – testing all employees in one session
- Random testing – testing a proportion of employees at random
- For cause testing – testing an employee when a supervisor has concerns for their behaviour
- Post-incident – testing an employee after an accident or near accident
- Self-testing – supplying employees with the means to test themselves
- Return to work – testing an employee who has tested positive in the past, and requires a negative test before being permitted to resume work duties
How long is a drug and alcohol test?
Each test procedure is completed in approximately 10-15 minutes.
Do workers being tested need to disclose any information?
In our experience, it is possible to receive false positive results due to possible combinations of non-prescribed and prescribed medicated drugs. Therefore, workers must inform our team of any medically prescribed or over-the-counter drugs ingested prior to proceeding with the screen.