We’ll provide a tailored solution to your company’s injury management, occupational rehabilitation and return to work needs.
HumanRehab is an accredited workplace rehabilitation provider run by a qualified team of Injury Management advisors and Occupational Rehabilitation specialists.
With a proven track record of facilitating a timely, safe and durable return to work across all industries, we provide cost-effective solutions that minimise risk of re-injury in complex cases.
Injury management and occupational rehabilitation services:
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Fit for Work Assessment
- Section 40 and Medico Legal Assessment
- Workplace Risk Assessment
- Job Analysis and Job Suitability
- Recommendation and supply of ergonomic aids and equipment
- Vocational assessment and counselling
- Manual handling training and assessment
- Activities of Daily Living Assessment
- Nominated treating doctor case conferencing
- Ongoing case management for the same or new employer
As specialists in Functional Capacity Evaluation and Workplace Assessment, our team has extensive experience with complex workplace injury case management and liaising with nominated treating doctors.
We ensure an efficient return to work after injury or illness via:
- Identification and management of potential return to work barriers
- Provision of the right services at the right time, for an appropriate price
- Accurate assessments and evidence-based decisions
- Flexible service delivery, with onsite visits and/or clinic-based appointments
- Clear and concise communication concerning worker capacity with all relevant parties
Our health professionals are here to help you support your workers throughout their career with your company. Together with Humanomics, we offer organisations in Sydney, Newcastle and the Mid North Coast a one-stop shop for all workplace health and wellbeing needs.
Frequently asked questions
What is occupational rehabilitation?
Occupational rehabilitation is the process of assisting a worker’s return to work following injury or illness.
An occupational rehabilitation program supports the cognitive and physical needs of this worker, while focusing on their capacity to carry out daily duties both productively and safely.
As a workplace rehabilitation provider, HumanRehab offers specialist, tailored services in close consultation with employers, workers and insurers facing this complex situation.
What is workplace injury management?
Workplace injury management is a systematic process led by an employer and/or their human resources team. It aims to minimise the detrimental impact of injury or illness on an individual’s ability to return to and function in the workplace.
This program is designed to:
- Reduce absenteeism by fostering ongoing employment opportunities
- Manage Workers’ Compensation and control injury-related expenses for an employer
What is an injury management plan?
An Injury Management Plan (IMP) details all actions required to facilitate an injured worker’s return to work and accomplishment of agreed goals.
Your case officer will work closely with all relevant parties to develop this plan, which also confirms any responsibilities and duties of the employer, employee and treating doctor.
Does a company in a non-manual industry need an injury management plan?
While manual labour is certainly a high-risk physical activity, many repetitive actions performed by sedentary workers can also lead to long-term health issues.
With Australian employees spending 76% of their working day seated, it’s important to be aware of risks such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and musculoskeletal disorders.
As a result, we recommend the implementation of injury management and rehabilitation solutions to businesses in all industries.
H3: Is a business legally required to have a return to work program?
In New South Wales, a business must develop a return to work program within 12 months of establishment.
Learn more here.