Humanomics Work Health and Safety Policy
This policy is a statement of commitment by Humanomics to provide all workers with a safe and healthy working environment through supporting and promoting workplace health and wellbeing and by working towards the achievement of zero harm.
This policy sets out the safety arrangements and principles which are to be observed by workers to ensure compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011; the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011, and to provide appropriate mechanisms for consultation and management of WHS matters in the workplace.
Humanomics are committed to ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of our workers while they are at work, and ensuring that the health and safety of other persons (e.g. visitors) is not put at risk from our operations. This will be achieved by:
- Providing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment through the implementation of safe work practices, safe systems of work and the provision of safe plant and equipment;
- Ensuring that workplaces under our control are safe, without risk to health, and have safe means of access and egress;
- Routinely consulting with employees in order to maintain effective and co-operative relationships between management and workers, and with other duty holders, on health and safety matters in the workplace; and by reviewing, through appropriate mechanisms, the effectiveness of any safety measures taken.
- Providing relevant, up-to-date WHS information to all workers on matters involving workplace safety and their WHS responsibilities;
- Providing expert assistance in WHS matters where necessary;
- Providing instruction and/or training in safe systems of work where appropriate;
- Developing and implementing strategies which include workplace assessment; hazard identification and risk management; along with appropriate actions to adequately control identified hazards as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate information, auditing, reporting and statistical measures to ensure continual improvement in WHS performance.
- Maintaining a relevant and current Safety Management Plan which details required actions; designated responsibilities and scheduling for activities related to workplace health and safety.
- This policy applies to all workers and contractors employed or engaged by Humanomics.
- This policy is in place for the protection of any students or visitors to Humanomics.
- This policy should be read in conjunction with Humanomics Safety Management Plan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Director of Humanomics is responsible for this work health and safety policy, and for its implementation into the workplace.
- The supervisory employees (Team Leaders) are responsible for communicating and supervising the implementation of this work health and safety policy in the workplace.
- All workers are responsible for complying with this work health and safety policy in the workplace.
This Policy will be reviewed 2 years from the date of issue or prior to this date where deemed appropriate.
For Further Assistance
Contact Mr Sanjiv Parmar, Director of Humanomics Pty Ltd – Mob: 0412 381 737.
Mr Sanjiv Parmar
Director, Humanomics Pty Ltd DATE: 6/6/2018